Wednesday 24 December 2014

Reaching Out...

When we reach out..
♥When you honour others, there is a commanded blessing upon your life - Joel Osteen♥

There is something very beautiful about reaching out to someone.
That person you feel is hiding pain deep inside, and you just reach out. Not as a therapist, just as someone who feels the weight they feel...

Over the last couple of months, I have received tonnes of support from loved ones (not necessarily related to me!!).
The funny thing is that, these people were STRUGGLING with something in their lives. And when they reached out to me, they seemed perfect.. like angels!!! 

Its like they could sense a dull pain with laser precision... I never felt like I was seeing a therapist; but I felt like tonnes had been taken off my chest and that God was actually by my side!!

And I now flip the coin...
I have also had the same chance to reach out and lend a heart, hand and shoulder..and it felt wonderful.
I did not feel like an angel this time round, but every time that person had renewed strength, I felt like God was giving me a hug..
I felt so happy!!!
Not super-hero pride happy... I was deeply humbled and happy!!
I felt renewed hope... because I was also struggling with something and I saw that solutions are a matter of POSSIBILITY; not IF'S!!!

But then...
♥You cannot reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks - Winston Churchill ♥

There are times we encounter people who pull us down and tear us apart.
Some do it knowingly; some unknowingly, thinking they are helping you.
Sometimes we tear others down because it makes us feel better about ourselves.
We know of people who are brutally honest; not because they are honest, but because they enjoy the brutality of it, absolved from it by the honesty in the blow!!
These people also suffer inside. 

Anyone who intentionally causes another to suffer is suffering so deeply that its spilling over to other people.

I used to be one of them; my pick was those with flaws "greater" than mine... or so I thought...
Until I experienced the joy of kindness!!! I swear now that brutality is not something I live by any more. I would rather invest time and talk for an hour, than chastise for five minutes... because it feels so wonderful to assist someone genuinely and not to use them as a stepping stone to elevate my self esteem.

※Please note: I did not say PLAY NICE. If you find yourself playing nice, just walk away because you are helping neither yourself or another, and increasing your carbon print on the planet, and causing global warming!!! Just DON'T play nice...

There are moments when someone's words made me feel like overdosing... so do not let yourself be a patch of darkness in someone's soul.
I have learned that it is a real blessing to genuinely reach out to another and help them where you can - nothing grand; just genuinely to help and not to tear down.

It's beautiful to receive; It is a blessing to give....

This is Serenity!!!
Life is Beautiful!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

like and share..

Tweet Tweet...